Thursday, January 26, 2012

My cloth diaper stash photos

My diaper shelf--it contains all of my diapers, inserts, prefolds, covers, wetbags, pail liners, wipes, creams, etc...

Pocket diapers (19 total fit--4 have inserts)
GroVia inserts, hybrid shells & boosters (there are almost 20 inserts, 5 shells & 5 boosters)
Prefolds & covers (6 infant & 6 regular size prefolds, 6 medium covers)
Fitted & AIO diapers (not all are shown here...I had 3 or 4 in the wash)


Flip inserts (back); Applecheeks, Flip organic & Thirsties insert (front)










Microfiber inserts


This post is all about my cloth diaper stash & how I organize everything.

Before I finally figured out how to keep them all neat & organized, I searched all over the web trying to find ideas and just couldn't find very much.

So now that I finally found a solution that works and is actually very affordable & easy to do, I HAD to share it with everyone!

If you're like me, space is the biggest issue.  

We have a 2-story house and we are downstairs most of the time so all of our diapering things stay downstairs.  

I originally had 2 diaper pails (small pop-up trash cans from target).  
One for upstairs and one for downstairs. 
That became very annoying, very quick!  
So I invested in a hanging wetbag from planetwise here: Planet Wise Large Hanging Wetbag
I use the hanging wetbag upstairs...it hangs on our bedroom doorknob.
I use the pail liner for my diaper pail downstairs.  (Pail Liner)


Before I got my diapers organized, they were just randomly laying everywhere in our living room and overflowing out of a little basket I originally had for them. 


So here's where I went & what I purchased:
  • 4 Fabric Bins from Lowes ($6.99 each and they give a 10% military discount!)
 Okay...so the fabric bins were a little pricey...but you might have something at home already that would work.  Or skip the bins altogether!  You don't really NEED them...I just like to contain the clutter :)


I could fit 4 fabric bins perfectly on 2 of the shelves with room on both shelves in between for extras and the top smaller shelf I was able to fit all of our inserts perfectly.


There's also the top of the bookshelf where you could put another basket or 2 bins for additional storage (I'm sure I will end up doing this as I collect more things).

All in all...since I've gotten my diapers organized, it's so much easier to keep them this way.  
Before I didn't know what to do with them and they were a scattered, disorganized mess!

Now they all have a place & I literally have them all folded & put up within minutes (which my hubby is happy about).

Do you have any great tips, ideas or advice about organizing diapers?  
Please leave a comment or backlink me!

No comments:

Post a Comment